Are you done laughing at me yet? Probably not, right? It's ok... I'll wait. Take your time.
It's been 10 months and we've certainly had plenty of changes. Here's the short list:
- Lily has changed doctors twice and medicine more times than I can count
- My poor sweet daughter spent four days in a psychiatric facility because her behavior was so erratic that I was afraid she would end up hurting herself or someone else.
- My 3 year old, Micah, has also been tested and is nicely on the autism spectrum as well.
- I sat through an excruciatingly long IEP meeting where I had to fight tooth and nail for ANY services for my kid.
- I've scrubbed shit off the walls, carpet, furniture, and kid more times than I can count because of Micah's fascination with fecal smearing.
- I've been repeatedly bitten, hit, kicked, pinched, scratched, and even given a black eye from having a book thrown at me by each of them melting down at different points.
- Copious amounts of "autism cures" have been given to me and yet somehow gluten free just didn't knock the autism out of the kids. Whoda thunk it?
- I've run through the grocery store at breakneck speeds with Micah screaming because it's too much sensory stimulation there but we desperately need milk and toilet paper sometimes.
- I've cried my way through countless doctors appointments for each of my kids.
- I've watched my daughter cry all evening because no one wants to play with her at school.
- I've never doubted myself more or felt so completely alone in my entire life.