It's been ever so long since I have had time for our Sunday Confessional, but it's back!! YAY!! Here's where I unload all the humiliating and horrifying shit that I wouldn't routinely tell people.
- I recently watched the entire series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer so that I could feel like I was 19 and watching it again. Spoiler Alert: That doesn't work.
- I hid a full 1lb bag of peanut butter M&M's in my closet so that I wouldn't have to share them with my children.
- The reason that I'm not putting effort into dating is because we're coming into cold weather months when I can stop shaving my legs and I don't want to be in a new relationship for that time. In the beginning of a relationship you have to shave your legs all the time so that the dude thinks that you're magically hairless and stunning. Ain't nobody got time for that. Ok, I have the time, just not the motivation. I'll start dating in April when I'll have to start shaving my legs anyway.
- Creepy Single Dad at the playground wouldn't stop talking to me today and I found myself wishing that one of my children would fall down so that I could run away without looking like an asshole.
- No one fell. I walked away anyway. I probably looked like an asshole.
- I put on my workout clothes and sneakers on Friday...got Micah all ready to go to the gym, and instead we went to Dunkin Donuts and ate munchkins. I think I should get points for at least dressing like I was going to go exercise.
- I can't listen to Robin Thicke's song Blurred Lines in front of my daughter because I want her to demand respect from men and never be pressured into sex. But I listen to it on my iPod during my walks and do a little ass shaking to it. Then I feel guilty because the lyrics seem a little date rapey. My inner feminist and my inner music whore are duking it out in my head. I'll let you know who wins, I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats.
- I took a pilates class and spent the majority of the time looking at my gut from new angles. I'll not be going back.
So what's YOUR biggest confession from the week? Let it all out here.... we'll judge you, but it's cool, you can judge everyone else right back!